**NOTE** I tried posting this a couple of weeks ago, and it did not go through. I am hoping that it will post today! Sorry for the delay!
I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend! I know I did! My mom came to Auburn and we got to have a girl’s weekend. We did nothing but shop, eat, watch movies, shop some more, watch a few more movies… needless to say, it was a lazy, fun weekend! We had a blast! I took her to a local spot to eat named Niffer’s Place where they have awesome burgers, Cajun tots, and corn nuggets! It was delicious. She had never been there before, so she was in for a real treat. Everyone we knew was so jealous! We also went to Hobby Lobby and got new coloring books and colored pencils, so that was a lot of fun! We watched several movies, War Room, which I HIGHLY recommend. It was amazing. If you have not seen it, go and rent it tonight! It will change your life. I want my own war room now. We also watched Ted 2, which I was disappointed in. There was so much language that was just not needed, there was no nudity until the end and it was uncalled for, and there was just not a good storyline. Disappointed is an understatement. My mom had not seen Trainwrecked, so we watched that, and then Saturday night we watched The Martian. It was excellent! It was nowhere as good as the book, but are they ever? The book is hilarious. I laughed and laughed at the book. The movie was just okay as far as humor went. But overall the movie was terrific. I thought they did a good job of portraying the novel. We both loved it. I cannot wait to watch it with my dad.
Last week I made a wonderful recipe. It was for Salisbury Steak. Now, the Salisbury Steak that I usually make or have eaten in the past has been slathered in a nice yummy gravy. This recipe was more like a tomato pasta sauce. But, it was just as yummy, maybe even more so! I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I did not follow the recipe exactly as it called for, and I will let you know what I did differently, but it turned out so terrific, that I will probably do it the same next time as well. I got the recipe from Laughing Spatula and their Salisbury Steak Whole30 compliant section. So, here we go!
1 pound ground beef – I used 85/15
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Salt and pepper
1 thinly sliced yellow onion
1½ cups sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup beef broth
Salt and pepper
- Add beef, egg, garlic, salt and pepper together in bowl and combine well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- I had patties that I had already made beforehand. I simply cooked them without the egg in the garlic with salt and pepper. That was one change I made.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef patties to skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side until a nice crust forms.
- Remove patties from pan and set aside. (they will not be fully cooked but will continue to cook in sauce)
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet – sauté for about 5 minutes.
- I used diced onions, not sliced. I actually liked them a lot better.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth to onion mushroom mixture.
- Stir until nice thick sauce forms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add patties back to pan, cover and cook in sauce until cooked through. About 10 minutes.
- If sauce is to thin – you may uncover skillet until reduced to desired consistency.
Sadly, I do not have a picture because my photos got deleted off of my phone, but trust me… it was wonderful! This is a keeper! Have a wonderful day everyone!